Are you looking for a the chance to turn you love for motorized recreation into a full time job? Tread Lightly is looking for a dedicated education and training program manager.
Focus of position is on program development and overall management of Tread Trainer, Tread Lightly!’s volunteer training and national outreach program. This position is directly tasked with the management and implementation of Tread Lightly!’s volunteer training and recruitment program, representing the organization at national OHV and Sportsman’s events, coordination volunteer outreach efforts, coordinating stewardship/volunteer projects, and assisting in growing Tread Lightly!’s brand recognition on a national level. This position is instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Tread Lightly!’s programs and position the organization for continued success. A mix of office and field assignments requires applicants to be available to travel year round without exception. The Education and Training Program Manager will also play a supporting role in the execution of Tread Lightly!’s public awareness campaigns at the state and federal levels.
Oversee the Tread Trainer program operations and administration.
- Manage relationships with volunteers, partner organizations and program funders.
- Liaison with Tread Trainer Steering Committee/Education Committee
- Maintain Tread Trainer program budget(s)
- Evaluate program function and quality
- Quarterly and year-end updates to program partners and executive director
- Responsible for quarterly reporting and billing to program’s funding partners
Strengthen program operations and infrastructure
- Supervise all Tread Trainer program policies including program planning and development, training, development, performance evaluation, and recruiting;
- Work with Executive Director to identify new funding sources including drafting proposals and grant applications to enhance and expand the Tread Trainer program
Leadership of program volunteers and regional coordinators
- Volunteer and regional coordinator recruitment and development. Conduct yearly program and volunteer evaluations and implement the appropriate professional and training development tools to maximize outreach effectiveness.
- Coordinate and direct expansion strategies including recruiting and contracting, training and leading regional coordinators and training providers.
- Help build strategic partnerships to grow new and expanding programs.
Master Trainer and Tread Trainer courses
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members (i.e. volunteers)
- Develop educational resources and curriculum resources to train adults and youth on outdoor ethics.
- Demonstrate consistent quality training, exemplary outdoor ethics, and public speaking.
- Facilitate program volunteer trainings, market and recruit volunteers, and execute cost effective trainings and courses.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements, registration processing, and preparations for course including sending out course materials and course planning and participant assignments.
- Market courses to target audiences and manage and fulfill requests
- Manage billing, invoices, receipts and refunds for participants
- Supervise database management of program volunteers including course registrations, outreach reporting, and volunteer renewal processing.
- Maintain and update all Tread Trainer program materials including Power Point presentations and ensure program volunteers are provided with the most current organizational information.
- Provide compelling written and verbal communications to volunteers, Tread Lightly! supporters, program partners, and the Tread Lightly! team
- Provide contributions to Tread Lightly!’s monthly e-newsletter and bi-annual newsletter
- Cultivate regular volunteer communications
- Maintain and enhance the Tread Trainer program webpages including program descriptions, registration listings, volunteer resources, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Education and Stewardship Programs Manager and the various organizational departments to integrate cross program activities and functions.
Volunteer Quality Control
- Volunteer support
- Communicate program guidelines
- Assist volunteers with training outlines and activity ideas
- Address any questions
- Answer emails received through Tread Trainer account
- Implement volunteer acknowledgement process
Coordinate outreach efforts
- Coordinate Tread Lightly! events and outreach efforts and arrange for Tread Lightly! representation by volunteers at local events; ensure educational impressions are reported and recorded.
- Coordinate the sharing of educational resources to organizational partners and supporters, such as use of the mascot (Lightfoot), event display, education trunk, and etc.
- Collaborate with the Education and Stewardship Program Manager on the execution of education and stewardship programs and partnerships.
- Oversee the research and development of Tread Lightly! education pieces, including tip brochures and curriculums and collaborate with staff and education review committees to ensure thorough topic development.
- Collaborate with the Education and Stewardship Manager on Tread Lightly! events and outreach efforts.
- Coordinate attendance and define involvement at target conferences and events to elevate the organizational brand and mission.
- Create activity plans as needed for Tread Lightly!’s youth and volunteer initiatives.
Education and Training Manager Requirements:
- Be available for travel, without exception, from date of hire forward to fulfill all organizational and job responsibilities. Travel required up to 67% of work time (regionally and nationally). The remainder of work time will be office based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Ability to understand and manage program budget
- Ability to evaluate program successes and compile program, grant and budget reports
- Efficient management of logistics for courses, outreach events, and volunteer stewardship events.
- Ensure periodic program evaluation including stakeholder surveys and utilization of focus groups in program and education materials development.
- Work collaboratively and positively with all team members at Tread Lightly!
- Implement organizational vision as established in Tread Lightly!’s strategic plan through effective training and educational outreach execution.
- Ensure ongoing Education and Training program excellence.
- Utilize organizational timeline and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Strengthen program operations/infrastructure and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Personal Skill Requirements
- Personal passion for responsible outdoor recreation
- Adaptability and ability to deal with a constantly evolving office/travel schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least one year of formal/informal teaching experience
- Ability to lead and also play a supportive role in the team critical
- Preferred current Master Tread Trainer certificate of completion (or equivalent/willingness to obtain Master Tread Trainer certification) and documented training experience in the field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of personal motivation and professionalism combined with a sense of humor
- Engaging public speaking and facilitation skills
- Personal/Professional experience with Youth Serving Organizations preferred
- Professional experience with program budgeting and expense tracking
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs, be on your feet for extended periods of time, and work in outdoor settings in various weather conditions.
- PC/laptop computer and digital camera proficiency
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
ANNUAL SALARY: Salary range $35,000-$40,000. Actual salary based on qualifications.
BENEFITS: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance (available after 90 day wait period), personal, and vacation time.
JOB LOCATION: Salt Lake City, Utah
TO APPLY: Send resumes and letter of interest to email@example.com by Friday, September 26, 2014 5:00pm MST.
Dianne Olson, Assistant Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org