Request for Proposal (RFP)
May 17th, 2016
• The Off-Road Business Association (ORBA) is an international non-profit trade association comprised of Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) related businesses that manufacture, service, and market OHV equipment to promote and preserve motorized recreation in an environmentally responsible manner. Established in 2001, ORBA recognized the need to bring together the off-road business community to ensure this specialized industry was represented and had a unified voice, specifically in the planning process of managing public lands for motorized recreation and also in the political arena. Overcoming many obstacles from environmental advocacy groups, ORBA gained accountability from state and federal lawmakers and regulators. This has created a powerful advocacy movement for OHV industry professionals. ORBA is a non-profit organization that works closely with its partner organizations and policy makers, legislators and regulators.
• ORBA was awarded funding from the Nevada Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles to perform an OHV Economic Impact Study in the State of Nevada. The funding awarded for the Economic Impact Study will be used for gathering and analyzing financial data that OHV users, industry, and associations contribute to the Nevada economy. Outdoor recreation is a multi-billion dollar industry and motorized recreation funds a significant portion of that total to the economy annually.
• ORBA is seeking proposals from qualified individuals/organizations to provide professional support necessary to analyze economic data in order to complete an Economic Impact Study of OHV Recreation in the State of Nevada. The objective of the study is to convey and quantify the economic presence that OHV recreation contributes to the Nevada economy.
• Inquiries concerning this Request for Proposal may be directed to:
Alexis Nelson, Project Consultant: (802) 279-1149
Fred Wiley, CEO/President of ORBA: (661) 323-1464
The key dates are as follows:
• Submission Deadline: Friday, June 3rd, 2016 at 3:00pm Pacific Time
• Anticipated Start Date: Monday, June 20th, 2016
• Completion of Project: December 1st, 2016
Scope of services to be provided
The selected proponent will work with staff members and their designees to compile and analyze the data collected for the economic impact study. They will provide expertise and support throughout the term of the contract and keep stakeholders apprised of the process. The work will include:
• Compilation and evaluation of the economic and demographic data collected from online surveys.
• Estimation of expenditures related to OHV recreation, number of jobs created, economic multipliers and contribution to the Nevada economy.
• A presentation of the study to ORBA.
The completed data compilation, analysis, evaluation, and presentation of the study is expected to include:
• Financial data, spending trends, and economic contribution encompassing all forms of OHV recreation: ATV & UTV’ing, 4WD, snowmobiling, and dirt biking.
• Preparation of the final results and study including an Executive Summary.
• The proponent will be responsible to the ORBA CEO and/or their representative.
• All expenses related to completing the project will be responsibility of the proponent.
Proposal Contents & Requirements
• A description of the proponent’s organization; statement of qualifications and relevant experience. Include contact name and information for individuals responsible and assigned to project.
• Provide description of experience with similar projects, current and/or past clients and references.
• An outline of contracted services in sufficient detail to convey the proponent’s understanding and ability to meet project requirements.
• Provide cost proposal to fully comply with the terms and conditions of RFP. Please note that no costs related to preparation of the proposal should be included; only costs to be incurred after the contract effective date are applicable.
• Proposal submissions may be made as follows: (electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org are acceptable)
Off-Road Business Association
Attn: NV Impact Study
1701 Westwind Drive #108
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Proposal Evaluation, Selection & Terms:
• Any proposal received after the closing time and date will not be considered or accepted.
• ORBA Staff and Board Members will review the merits of the proposals received in accordance with the criteria defined in the RFP.
• If needed, ORBA may schedule interviews with bidders to obtain more information or clarification of information contained in the proposals received.
• The final selection of the proponent will be made by ORBA based on cost, merit of proposal, prior and relevant experience.
• ORBA reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
• All materials conceived and produced in the performance of this agreement shall belong to ORBA.
Click Here for PDF Version: 2016 Request for Proposal ORBA Study